David W. Streets — Fine Art & Celebrity Memorabilia Appraisal Service
Please note that there is a fee for all appraisals. Appraisal fees start at $150. Fees for larger appraisals are priced on a sliding scale. Research projects require a minimum $1,500 retainer.
The Appraisals We Write
- Replacement value for insurance purposes
- Fair market value for sale purposes
- Loss of value after damage and restoration
- Equitable distribution in family settlements
- Equitable distribution in failure of businesses
- Charitable donations IRS form 8283
Areas of Advice
- Values before purchase
- Restoration and conservation
- Equitable distribution
- Replacement value
- Selling your art
- Fair market value
- Fair market net value
- Artwork placement for sale
- Cataloging your collection
- Facing the IRS
- Insuring your art
The Description of What a Professional Appraisal Should Include
- Previous reference
- Appraisal date
- Artist nationality
- Year created
- Description of signature
- Location of signature
- Other markings
- Markings in version
Even though an appraisal can be written for different purposes, they all depend on the same research processes. This entails searching through a minimum of six paid worldwide databases and then data files of my own compilation.
The process is the same for a fifty thousand dollar painting as it is for a ten dollar painting and requires one hour of time and research.
This fee for the hour of research and documented appraisal is $150.00.
Please email before committing to this process or payment.
Appraisals, unless otherwise arranged, are done from hard copy or digital images provided by the client.
Reduced rate for 5 or more items appraised.